Come and join one of our farm tours, see what we do here at Dalmore, meet the animals and learn a bit more about small-scale farming. It’s a fun and interesting day out for families as well as those who may be interested in growing food or raising farm animals, or anyone who just wants to see what’s happening on the farm.
Our tours last around 1½ hours and you’ll have the opportunity to meet our chickens, pigs, sheep and cattle (and our ponies), visit the vegetable and fruit gardens, see our bees and the orchard and maybe pick some fruit or vegetables (depending on the season). You’ll get to see Miranda, our old tractor, and maybe see her in action!
Depending on the time of year, we might have young lambs to feed, we might have young calves and be milking and making cheese, collecting honey from the bees, or we might be harvesting apples and making apple juice. There’s always something interesting happening on the farm!
What you need to know
- Our land is quite flat, so it’s suitable for buggies.
- The route is uneven in places, and there might be dung underfoot in places, so stout outdoor footwear is required.
- You will be required to dip your shoes and boots in disinfectant, so no open-toed sandals!
- The farm walks last about 1½ hours.
- No dogs are allowed on the farm walks.
- Walks have a capacity of 8 adults with a maximum of 2 children per adult. We can accommodate larger groups, please contact us for details of bespoke tours.
And at the end of the tour, you can relax with a drink and some home-baking in our converted steading.
In response to demand we also offer evening tours for grown-ups starting at 6pm, which are child-free, provide the opportunity to delve a little deeper into what we do, and allow a more relaxed, possibly hands-on experience than our family tours.
Book in the same way using the links below, and look for dates marked ‘Child-free’.
Prices, payment & booking
Prices include refreshments after the tour – a soft drink, milkshake, tea or coffee, and a piece of home-baking.
- £10 – 1 adult (16 years+)
- £15 – 1 adult with up to 2 children
- £25 – 2 adults with up to 4 children
All children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times for reasons of insurance and health and safety. Dalmore is a working farm, and we cannot allow more than 2 children per adult.
Payment is required in advance by PayPal or BACS. Please check the booking page for availability, add the required number of places to your basket and follow the checkout process. Alternatively we can take bookings by email – see the contact page for details.Book a farm tour Farm Tour Gift Vouchers
Other farm visits
We’re keen to help folk connect with farming and learn where their food comes from. We’ve been volunteers with the Royal Highland Education Trust since 2011 and regularly host visits from schools. We also take part in “Open Farm Sunday” and host occasional visits from community groups.